The financial bubble was being inflated, and trouble has most definitely started knocking on company doors. Some people are just leaving the trouble in hands of fate and patience is a bad choice as nobody is showing signs of relief, at least not for the time being. With current readjustments of economy, and changes in value, some adaptations are inevitable, to avoid bankruptcy. Keeping a company alive is total chaos and a lot of companies are on the edge of falling into a state of complete havoc. Employers are having trouble when trying to get employees to understand and cooperate with measures to withstand the market.
Employers are facing these changes without alternatives, and we can help. These readjustments pose a threat to a company’s structure and can create large losses. It is difficult to select the right solutions for these problems. Anger and misleading thoughts can drive employees into rages and cause them to do once inconceivable things. This destructive behavior is common for your situation. They will have to be dealt with.
Employees that are being faced directly by these decisions don’t adapt and are convinced that there are different ways to solve these problems. Employees lose their respect for others, and while responding to their obligations they can become dangerously frustrated. While in their work environment employees are tempted to feeling that they are being exploited if anything does not please them or suit their needs.
Here are some key warning signs:
- Less productive. The first thing to go will be your employees enthusiasm about their future with you. You will notice a heaviness, or conversely, a dreamy disconnect as they about their work.
- Quality of work. Soon after, decreased productivity will be accompanied by a decrease in work quality. Tasks will remain incomplete; and normally simple tasks will be handled innapropriately.
- Health issues. Stress underlying employee burnout can lead to medical problems, such as migraine headaches as well as unusually high incidents of colds, flu, and other viruses, to more serious medical conditions.
- Lower schedule adherence. When employees are not healthy, then they may claim more sick days. Even where an employee experiencing burnout is not sick, there may a reluctance to come in for work. Reluctance in coming back from breaks or lunch will be the precursor for mass schedule adherence issues.
- Irritability. Workers who were once relaxed, suddenly become hard to work with. This moodiness and irritability may be directed at both co-workers and customers. Watch your customer satisfaction numbers for this. If you don’t react with a Strike Contingency Plan here, you will not have one together in time for a labor dispute.
- Less social. Employees who are experiencing burnout on the job, will become anti-social and more secretive at work. Having IT watch email trends can give indications here. If you aren’t set up to watch your employees communication trends, ask us how.
- Self-destructive behavior. The last warning sign of a labor dispute is the appearance of drug and/or alcohol abuse. Even a drastic change in diet can be an indication that something is off.
The result of difficult circumstances cause frustration and make people adopt unwanted behavioral patterns. In many cases workers are becoming arrogant, in some cases they are starting to adopt a hostile and destructive attitude. These types of conflict, almost always do cause serious problems and jeopardize the safety of a company’s structure. When you start seeing these warning signs, it is important to make sure you have an updated Strike Contingency Plan.
A Strike Contingency Plan usually consists of the following:
- Will the affected site attempt to continue to conduct business?
- How will the facility access be controlled?
- How will you keep your facility staffed through the strike?
- Do you have incoming supplies and outgoing shipments that need secured?
- Who will be the primary decision makers overseeing operations during the strike?
- Will the company be pursuing criminal complaints post-arrest?
- Will the company try facilitating or utilizing the media during the strike?